Good morning neighbors! I’m here with your fresh copy of the Manchester Daily, filled with all the local information you need to know right now.
But first today’s weather:
Mostly sunny. High: 47 Low: 29.
🏠 Competition in Manchester is fierce to become the best local estate agent. With our exclusive newsletter sponsorships you can stand out from your competitors and win local customers. Click here to learn more.
Here are the top 3 stories in Manchester today:
- The stepmother of a five-year-old girl who went missing in 2019 pleaded guilty to lying about where she was on the day the girl disappeared. Kayla Montgomery, 32, was sentenced to at least a year and a half in prison for perjury. (NHPR)
- A dispute over the recount for the Manchester Ward 6 election is headed to court. The first hearing in the case was held yesterday, at which time the judge did not immediately issue a decision; the recount is scheduled to continue on Tuesday. The final election results will help determine the balance of power in the 400-seat New Hampshire House of Representatives. (AP News)
- A Manchester priest has been recognized for his faithful service to the Catholic Church and shall be elevated to the title of Chaplain to His Holiness. His investiture ceremony is scheduled for Tuesday 6 December at St Joseph Cathedral in Manchester. (Manchester Ink Link)
From our sponsor:
Today’s Manchester Daily is brought to you in part by T-Mobile. T-Mobile has invested billions to shine a light on its best-ever network, bringing LTE to 99% of the people of America, helping to keep communities like ours informed and connected. We thank T-Mobile for their support and for making today’s Manchester Daily possible.
- Thanksgiving week is finally here! To help you with your holiday planning, tits weekly weather forecast for Manchester includes plenty of sun the day before Thanksgiving, Wednesday November 23, with a high of 50. Then onwards Thanksgiving Thursday November 24 sunshine with some clouds and a high of 46 can be expected. (Manchester patch)
- The winter is coming! To avoid the risk of a costly chimney fire, John Ceaser of Ceaser Chimney Services in Manchester recommends that you have your chimney professionally inspected and swept. Even if you don’t have a chimney, you can make sure you’re ready for the cold by having your boiler and heating system checked. (WMUR)
- A new report offered suggestions for updating the Lowell Line commuter rail to better serve the region. Main suggestions included Electrifying rail for faster travel, offering more all-day services, and extending the line to New Hampshire. The report also estimated that the recommended improvements would make a trip between Boston and Manchester take just over an hour. (Mass Transit Mag)
More from our sponsors – thanks for supporting local news!
You’re all caught up for today. I will see you soon!
— Nicole Fallon Peek
About me: Nicole Fallon-Peek is a journalist and copywriter with a degree in Media, Culture and Communications from New York University. She has worked as a freelance reporter, editor-in-chief, editor and editorial director for a variety of B2B news outlets. She currently co-owns and operates content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.