Hello and happy Tuesday. I’m back in your inbox this morning with all the major things happening in Reno today.
But first today’s weather:
Partly sunny and cool. High: 50 Low: 27.
📢 Seeking Business Owners and Marketers in Reno who want to create awareness, connect with customers and increase sales.
I have a limited number of sponsorships available to introduce our readers to local businesses they need to know about. If this is you, then I invite you to find out more and secure your place now.
Here are the top 3 stories today in Reno:
- A man has been charged with first degree murder after a woman was found dead in southern Reno early Sunday morning. Officers arrested suspect Fabian Zeragoza-Martinez on Iron Mountain Drive about three miles from the scene. Zeragoza-Martinez allegedly jumped a fence to avoid officers but was arrested and arrested on count of outright murder with a deadly weapon. (KOLO)
- Peppermill Reno hosted its seventh annual Pie It Forward bake sale fundraiser on Sunday to raise money for the Empowerment Center. The local non-profit organization is dedicated to supporting women recovering from substance abuse and funds raised will be used to provide toiletries and warm clothing during the holiday season. Peppermill’s charity event raises thousands of dollars for local organizations each year. (KOLO)
- The renowned South Meadows Medical Center is building a new medical facility to meet the needs of South Reno’s rapidly growing population. The 120,000 square meter medical office building will be attached to the front facade of the existing hospital and will be three stories high. It will include an on-site retail pharmacy, laboratory space, an ambulatory surgery center and more. (Nevada Appeal)
From our sponsor:
Today’s Reno Daily is brought to you in part by T-Mobile. T-Mobile has invested billions to shine a light on its best-ever network, bringing LTE to 99% of the people of America, helping to keep communities like ours informed and connected. We thank T-Mobile for their support and for making today’s Reno Daily possible.
Today in Reno:
- Knitting/Crocheting/Crafts in Reno At Swill Coffee and Wine (1:30pm)
- Laugh after dark At The Library Tap House & Hookah Lounge (9:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Are you considering a career change? Visit the link to view the latest job openings in the Reno area. (Reno patch)
- All senior pets are available for adoption at the Nevada Humane Society! Visit animal shelters in Reno or Carson City to meet the newest addition to the family, or click here to view all adoptable pets. (Nevada Humane Society via Facebook)
- How to Survive Your Family at Christmas opens December 1 at the Reno Little Theater and runs until December 18th. Click here for ticket information. (Reno Little Theater via Facebook)
More from our sponsors – thanks for supporting local news!
Thank you for following us and staying up to date. See you tomorrow morning for another update!
— Helen Eckard
About me: Helen Eckhard is a Marketing Associate at Lightning Media Partners. Outside of work, she enjoys building crosswords, knitting, or devising increasingly sophisticated methods to kill characters in her crime novels.