THE FLATS – No. 13 Georgia Tech Volleyball (19-6, 12-4 ACC) will wrap up its 2022 regular season with two rematches this weekend and seek revenge on No. 7 Pitt (25-3, 15-1 ACC) on Wednesday 17 :00 p.m. in Pittsburgh ahead of the Flats finals vs. Florida State (18-9, 10-6 ACC) Saturday at 1:00 p.m. at O’Keefe High School.
- Wednesday 23 Nov | No. 13 Georgia Tech at No. 7 Pitt | 5 p.m. | ACCNX | Watch | Live Stats
- Saturday 26 Nov | No. 13 Georgia Tech vs. Florida State | 1 p.m. | ACCNX | Watch | Live Stats | radio
Free parking is available on the East O’Keefe High School lot and the Family Housing lot for the home final against Florida State. The McCamish Pavilion lot will be reserved due to the men’s basketball competition versus North Alabama at 4:00 p.m. Saturday.
Georgia Tech’s home game radio coverage throughout the season will be streamed online HERE.
For Saturday’s finals, Georgia Tech winter gloves will be given out before the game while supplies last.
Though general admission tickets for Saturday’s regular season finale are sold out, 200 free admission Georgia Tech student tickets will remain at the door on a first-come, first-served basis. A valid BuzzCard must be presented to receive a ticket for the game.
- The Yellow Jackets have 12 wins in ACC game this season and now boast four straight years of double-digit conference triumphs.
- Tech received 13 sweeps over the year, including eight in the ACC.
- The jackets took 13th place in this week’s AVCA DI Coaches Poll.
- 13th place equals the 10th highest finish received by White and Gold in program history and joins the 2003 roster.
- The Yellow Jackets have been ranked in 52 direct top 25 polls to date.
- Georgia Tech is one of three ACC teams in the top 15 (No. 4 Louisville, No. 7 Pitt).
- As a unit, Georgia Tech is currently second in the ACC in both kills per set (13.69) and assists per set (12.74). The Yellow Jackets also rank third in the league in terms of opponent’s batting average (.173).
- Older outside hitter Julia Bergman has four ACC Player of the Week awards this season with back-to-back honors on two separate occasions, tying her career best and leading the league. Prior to Bergmann a season ago, no one in the ACC had equaled the tally since 2015.
- Bergmann also added her second career GameChanger Division I National Player of the Week selection from the AVCA that season, making her the first Yellow Jacket in program history to receive two career recognitions.
- Bergmann particularly caused a stir during Tech’s comeback for Florida State, setting a career best and a program record with 38 kills in the match to become the first Yellow Jacket ever with four individual matches of 30 or more kills.
- The explosive attacker currently ranks seventh in tech history in career kills with 1,668 to date.
- Bergmann continues to lead the ACC by a wide margin in offense and ranks 17th in kills (475) and 14th in the NCAAth in points (533.5), while ranking third in the nation in both kills per set (5.34) and points per set (5.99).
- In conference alone, she has advantages at the top of the league over runners-up with 37 kills, 1 kill per set, 21 points, and .92 points per set.
- In singles games, the highly acclaimed winger now owns the top two kills in a match in the entire ACC and five of the top eight, highlighted by her 38 kills against Florida State. Bergmann is the only player in the ACC with 30+ kills in a match this season, having done so twice.
- Reflecting her advantage on kills, Bergmann also owns the top two totals in points, highlighted by a 42.5 against Florida State as the closest of any other ACC player so far is 31.
- The decorated attacker continues to climb the tech record books as she becomes the fifth Yellow Jacket in program history to join the 1,500 kill/1,000 grab club. After already surpassing 1,500 kills against Boston College, Bergmann eclipsed 1,000 career higs against North Carolina.
- The vaunted Yellow Jacket is also the fifth of all career aces, owning 160 to date.
- Bergmann has gone through 11 games this season with 20+ kills, five against ranked opponents and 10 double doubles.
- Graduated middle blocker Breland Morrisette joins Bergmann with one of the best grades in the country and currently ranks second in the ACC for batting average (.414).
- Junior Setter Bella D’Amico has guided Tech’s impressive attack as one of the league’s top passers this season, ranking fourth in conference assists per set (10.01) and fifth in total assists (891).
- Beyond the 2019 NIVC title, Tech has won 77 of their last 95 games.
- Over the past four seasons, Georgia Tech has been 45-7 at home at O’Keefe High School. Tech is 304-104 (.745) all-time in O’Keefe High School’s 28-year history.
- Tech currently trails Pitt 12-2 in the all-time series.
- A season ago, the Jackets bested the Panthers on the road for their highest ranking win in program history, as Pitt was No. 2 at the time.
- Tech also claimed the two sides’ first meeting at a neutral venue in 2007.
- The Panthers won their final meeting of the season at The Flats 3-1.
- Georgia Tech leads Florida State 36-22 in the all-time series.
- After a setback earlier this season, the Jackets have won their last six games since 2019, the first four of which have been played at O’Keefe.
- The longest streaks for White and Gold came from 1993-96 and 2002-05, when Tech won eight straight games.
- Tech currently leads the series with 21-10 home, 13-12 away and 2-0 in neutral games.
After the final two games of the regular season, Georgia Tech is awaiting a possible NCAA tournament pick. The 2022 DI Women’s Volleyball Championship Selection Show will air Sunday at 7:30 p.m. on ESPNU.
In a joint effort, Georgia Tech, the Georgia Tech Foundation, Georgia Tech Athletics and the Alexander-Tharpe Fund have joined forces to accelerate scholarship funding for students and athletes with the launch of the Competitive Drive Initiative. The initiative begins with the Accelerate GT Match Program, where every new donation to AT Fund’s Athletic Scholarship Fund made through December 31 will be matched dollar for dollar by the Georgia Tech Foundation up to $2.5 million . Should Accelerate GT reach its fundraising goal of $2.5 million, the gift would result in a $5 million impact to Georgia Tech Athletics. To learn more and contribute online, visit atfund.org/accelerate.
For the latest information on the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, follow us on Instagram (@GTVolleyball), Twitter (@GTVolleyball), Facebook (Georgia Tech Volleyball) or visit us at www.ramblinwreck.com.