ST. PETERSBURG, FL – The University of Houston women’s basketball team stays in St. Petersburg, Fla., for its final game at St. Pete Showcase vs. Florida Saturday at 11 a.m. CT.
- This is the second meeting between Florida and Houston and the first since 2002.
- Inferior Layla Blair has scored in double figures in four straight games.
- Houston led for 32 minutes against Portland, but couldn’t close out the win, losing 66-60.
- Inferior Layla Blair scored in double figures for the fourth straight game.
- Senior Tiara Young scored 20-plus points for the second time in the last three games. Young has scored in double figures in three straight games.
- Graduate Tatiana Hill is one of two players in The American to post a double-double with 20pts-10reb in one game.
- Hill ranks sixth nationally in offensive rebounds/game (5.4).
- The Cougars rank second nationally in offensive rebounds per game (21.6).
- Houston ranks seventh nationally in turnovers forced per game (27.0).
- Houston ranks fourth nationally in steals/game (16.4).
- Inferior Layla Blair was a unanimous Preseason All-Conference First Team selection by the American coaches.
- The Cougars were picked to finish second in the league and received two first-place votes in the Coaches Poll.
- Blair was one of three players in The American in 2021-22 to make six 3-pointers in a game and the only player in the conference with two games of six-plus 3-pointers.
- Blair finished eighth in the league in scoring in 2021-22 (13.3 ppg).
- Graduate Tatiana Hill finished seventh in league in rebounding in 2021-22 (7.3 rpg).
Record Houston vs. Florida 1-0
home / away / neutral 0-0 / 0-0 / 1-0
Last meeting W, 71-60, 12/6/02
Streak Houston, 1
TICKETS ON SALE
Fans can purchase single match tickets for all home games by clicking here. To buy 2022-23 season tickets, Click here. Fans can Click here anytime or call 713-GO-COOGS (462-6647) during regular business hours.
SUPPORT HOUSTON RISE
Participation Houston Rise, a $150 million fundraising campaign for the Houston Athletics dedicated to championship success in the Big 12 Conference. Each Houston Rise contribution prepares our Cougars to compete and win when we begin Big 12 competition in July 2023. Click here to rise and be counted.
JOIN FAST BREAK CLUB
Fans are invited to join the Fast Break Club to support Houston Women’s Basketball. Fast Break Club members provide financial support directly to Houston Women’s Basketball for needs beyond the program’s operating budget. For more information about Fast Break Club, Click here.
Fans can get updates by following @UHCougarWBB on Twitter and get the latest team news and notes by clicking LIKE on the group’s Facebook page at UHCougarWBB or on the group’s Instagram page at @UHCougarWBB.
– UHCougars.com –